Only practitioners with the right training can do cosmetic procedures such as the laser tattoo removal Liverpool. People who want to undergo an operation must know whether the practitioner is trained for this operation. And whether the practitioner may also do the procedure. People can check this.
Learn Cosmetic Regulations
Medical procedures with a risk ( reserved procedures ) may only be performed by practitioners who are knowledgeable and knowledgeable. This involves operations such as cutting, injecting or prescribing medicines. These rules or set of laws also apply to actions that are not medically necessary. A beautician is therefore not allowed to give injections.
This is laid down in the Individual Healthcare Professions Act. All care providers that are in the BIG register are subject to disciplinary law. If such a care provider makes a mistake during treatment, people can submit a complaint to a Disciplinary Court for Healthcare.
Amendments to the Individual Healthcare Professions Act
The Individual Healthcare Professions Act will soon change on the following points:
- Lasering and IPL become risky actions
A laser treatment or IPL treatment (hair removal with flashes of light) can be harmful. For example, if it is not performed properly, people can get severe skin burns. That is why the government wants lasers and IPL treatments to fall under the reserved procedures.
- Skin therapists in the register are doctors, dermatologists, skin therapists and sometimes beauticians who can perform laser treatments. The government wants skin therapists to continue to perform laser treatments and IPL treatments, even if it is a reserved treatment.
- Skin therapists will, therefore, be added to the register. Then they also fall under disciplinary law. Beauticians may then only under certain conditions perform laser and IPL treatments on behalf of, for example, a skin therapist.
Check your practitioner
The BIG register provides clarity about the authority of a care provider. Everyone can view the register. Do you want to know if your care provider is authorized to practice his or her profession? You can check them out if they are registered and licensed. Even if the doctor is a licensed doctor if he or she is not in the registration, he is not allowed to perform any task in medical or cosmetic treatment.
Not all registered doctors can perform cosmetic procedures
If a doctor is registered and duly licensed, he may perform medical procedures. That does not mean that all doctors in the register can perform cosmetic procedures properly. This also depends on his experience and how many and which additional training the doctor has followed. You can check this with your doctor or you can look up other people’s experiences on the internet.
The government and the cosmetic sector want to be able to better assess the skill of a doctor. To this end they have taken the following measures:
- Standards for quality and skill. Doctors and medical specialists who work in the cosmetic sector work on standards for quality and skill. These standards will indicate when a practitioner is capable of performing a cosmetic operation. This is mainly due to the training that the doctor has followed. Training for cosmetic procedures
- Doctors can follow training for cosmetic procedures. Additional training courses have been made by the Dutch Association for Cosmetic Medicine (NVCG). For example, doctors can follow additional training in, for example, injecting wrinkle fillers.